21 October 2011

My Recovery Playlist

I am jumping on the Recovery Playlist bandwagon which other Recovery Warrior bloggers have spoken about in the last couple of days. (No Matter What My Size and ED Bites) I can't find one song, but a whole playlist of them...

Music has ALWAYS played a massive part in my life. Like many other people, we create a soundtrack to our lives, with music that defines times and places and brings back memories. Music that inspires and touches us.

Over the last week or so, I have randomly burst in to tears with my ipod playing through my 'Recovery' playlist in iTunes. I have also smiled, laughed and been sent into deep thought at some points.  The lyrics, the songs, the messages and my interpretation of them REALLY do help my recovery. Even if I do look slightly strange walking along crying sometimes...and even if some of the artists and songs aren't usually my style!

The Playlist (which keeps growing!)

Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts
MGMT - Time to Pretend
MGMT - Kids
Arcade Fire - My Body is a Cage
Katy Perry - Firework
Lady Gaga - Hair
Lady Gaga - Born this Way
Demi Lovato - Skyscraper
Coldplay - Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
Coldplay - Fix You
John Lennon - Imagine
Adam Lambert - Whadda You Want From Me
The Killers - Human
Jessie J - Who's Laughing Now
Jessie J - Nobodys Perfect

Some of these were already my faves, some weren't, some remind me of times when I felt strong and others make me feel better about feeling weak....Whichever one they are, they are helping me right now!

Check them out.....

No comments :

Post a Comment