7 October 2011

Anorexia and the Minnesota Starvation Experiment...

ANOREXIA, BULIMIA & THE MINNESOTA STARVATION EXPERIMENT  < Read it Here

I was told to read this study a while ago by my therapist and I did. I re-read it this afternoon to remind myself that some of the behaviours I still find distressing or upsetting in recovery are a result of semi-starvation. Not always Ana. With restoring weight these habits, obsessions and symptoms with fade...

Physiologist Ancel Keys led the starvation experiment

I know in order to figure of the psychological roots of my anorexia and to be mentally strong enough to distance myself from Ana I need my body to NOT be in semi-starvation. Until I have restored enough weight and consuming enough calories, I am going to feel unable to cope with the stress of therapy.


No comments :

Post a Comment